Event: Summit League Indoor Track and Field Championships
Host: North Dakota State
Location: Shelly Ellig Indoor Track & Field Facility
FARGO, N.D. – Junior sprinter Madison Reynolds made the best of her first Summit League Indoor Track and Field Championships Saturday as she helped Oral Roberts University to five conference championships at the meet in Fargo, North Dakota.
Reynolds claimed the gold medal in both the women's 200-meter and 400-meter events. Sonwabiso Skhosana claimed two championships as well, winning the gold individually in the 400-meter and in the men's 4x400-meter relay with teammates John Bradford, D'Kari Hicks and Reinhard Ndlovu.
Male pole vaulter Justin Estala won the first gold medal of the weekend on Friday.
News and Notes
- Madison Reynolds earned her first gold medal of the afternoon in the 400-meters with a time of 54.12. She won the event 1.13 seconds faster than silver medalist, Morgan Milbrath of North Dakota State.
- Reynolds ran her fastest 200-meter event of the year, winning the championship as she crossed the finish line at the 24.19 mark.
- Freshman Sonwabiso Skhosana won the Summit League Championship in the 400-meter dash with a time of 48.69.
- Reinhard Ndlovu won the bronze in the 400-meter dash as he crossed the finish line at the 48.95 mark, and D'Kari Hicks finished fifth with a time of 49.17.
- Hicks, Skhosana and Ndlovu teamed up with John Brandford to claim the gold in the 4x400-meter relay with a time of 3:17.40, finishing just ahead of South Dakota State and Western Illinois.
- Tamaira Williams brought home a medal in the 60-meter dash, finishing with a time of 7.61 to earn the silver.
- Williams finished fourth in the 200-meters with a time of 24.71.
- In the men's 60-meter dash, Joseph Reis-Herron earned a silver medal, finishing with a mark of 6.82 seconds.
- Hicks earned the bronze in the men's 200-meter dash as he finished with a time of 22.13, his fastest time of the season.
- Omega Reese recorded a top five finish in the women's 800-meter run with a time of 2:15.42 to finish fifth.
- Bradford added a top five time in the men's 800-meter run as he crossed the finish line at the 1:54.81 mark.
- The ORU men earned 79 team points, and the women total 50 points.
The Oral Roberts University men's and women's track teams will begin the outdoor season March 21 as they take part in the Tulsa Duals at the Hurricane Track and Field Stadium.