Event: Razorback Spring Invitational
Host: University of Arkansas
Location: Fayetteville, Ark.
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – In just the second outdoor meet of the season, the Oral Roberts track and field teams continued to have plenty of success across the board as the Golden Eagles won six events and continued to compete favorably against the best in the nation at the Arkansas Spring Invitational Saturday.
"Today was one of the best meets that we have had as a team in many years," said Coach Joe Dial. "It was a lot of fun."
On the women's side, the Golden Eagles won the pole vault, 400m dash and 4x400m relay events. The ORU men took gold in the 100m hurdles, the 4x400m relay and the pole vault.
Women's Top 5 Finishers
- Tamaira Williams ran 12.02 in the 100m dash to finish fifth overall.
- Madison Reynolds continued her dominance in the 400m dash, running 54.09 to win the event by nearly a second and a half.
- Samantha Watson's time of 11:18.82 put her fifth overall in the 3,000m steeplechase.
- Williams, Reynolds, Cameron Hilliard and Kirsten Burnett combined to run 46.31 in the 4x100m relay, the fastest time of the year and third overall.
- The 4x400m relay team of Williams, Reynolds, Asher Roberts and Omega Reese won the event in a time of 3:46.94. That time puts ORU near the top 25 in the west region in the event.
- Freshman Brittany McDonald made her mark in the pole vault with a mark of 3.50m (11-5.75) to win the event.
- Erica Baker picked up a fourth place finish, but was the third best collegian with a toss of 10.42m (34-2.25) in the shot put.
- Chenoa Simpson also fared well in the field notching a runner-up finish in the javelin with a heave of 41.40m (135-10).
Men's Top 5 Finishers
- Sonwabiso Skhosana took second in the 400m dash with a season best time of 47.30.
- Omeiza Akerele's mark of 48.78 put him fifth in the 400m dash.
- Israel Nelson won the 110m hurdle race with a time of 14.58 seconds, nearly a second faster than his previous best.
- With two freshmen and a sophomore, Skhosana, Akerele, D'Khari Hicks and John Bradford combined to win the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:15.05, a time that ranks near the top 25 in the west region.
- Justin Estala made it a sweep in the pole vault for ORU, winning the event with a mark of 5.26m (17-3), a new outdoor personal best. ORU's dominance in the event did not end with victories on the men's and women's side, but the Golden Eagles claimed three of the top four spots on the men's side. Andres Del Valle (4.60m, 15-1) and Preston Morrison (4.45m, 14-7.25) finished third and fourth, respectively.
- Elisha Jordan picked up a fourth place finish in the javelin with a throw of 53.67m (176-1).
News and Notes
- Reese continued to lower her personal best in the 800m run, finishing seventh overall in a time of 2:12.84.
- Joseph Reis-Herron ran a season best 10.71 to finish sixth in a loaded field in the 100m dash.
The Texas Tech Open, April 3-4, is next on the docket for the ORU track and field teams.