TULSA, Okla. – The No. 24 ORU men's soccer team travels to take on the Omaha Mavericks Saturday, November 2 at 1 p.m. If the Golden Eagles win they will be guaranteed a share of the Summit League regular season title.
No. 24 ORU - 12-2-0, 3-0-0 Summit League
Omaha – 3-7-3, 2-1-1 Summit League
- The Golden Eagles took down the Central Arkansas Bears, 3-1, who had a 22 RPI, Saturday, October 26 in Conway, Arkansas.
- ORU ranks in the top 10 in the following categories according NCAA statistics:
- Assists per game (4th)
- Penalty Kicks (1st)
- Points per game (5th)
- Scoring offense (5th)
- Shots on Goal per game (8th)
- Total Assists (6th)
- Total Goals (6th)
- Total Points (6th)
- Win-Lost-Tied Percentage (9th)
- Four-time Summit League Defensive Player of the Week, goalkeeper Miles Motakef, leads the league in save percentage (.755) and in goals-against average (0.97). Motakef is third in goals against (12)
- Reed Berry is leads the Summit League in goals scored with 10 and points with 25. Berry is also second in assists with five. Berry ranks 17th in the nation in goals per game.
- Tanguy Guerineau leads the league in assists with 10. Guerineau leads the nation in total assists and is second in assists per game.
- Dante Brigida is second in the Summit League in goals with nine and is second in points with 20. He ranks 13th in the nation in game-winning goals and 20th in goals per game.
- ORU was tabbed at the No. 24 ranked team according to the United Soccer Coaches Poll. It is the first time the men's soccer team has been ranked since 2005.
- The Golden Eagles were picked fourth in the Summit League Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is in his seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. Bush has a 49-53-16 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles returned 16 players and added 21 newcomers to the 2019 squad.
- Omaha is 3-7-3 on the season and 2-1-1 in Summit League play. The Mavericks fell at Denver, 2-0, on October 26.
- The Golden Eagles are 3-5-1 all-time against Omaha.
- Last season, the Golden Eagles fell at home in double overtime to the Mavericks, 2-1. ORU hasn't defeated Omaha since the 2015 season.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.