TULSA, Okla. – The ORU men's soccer team travels to Highland Heights, Kentucky, to face the Northern Kentucky Norse Tuesday, October 22 at 6 p.m. CST.
ORU (RV) - 10-2-0, 3-0-0 Summit League
Northern Kentucky – 4-8-1, 2-4-0 Horizon League
- The Golden Eagles defeated Summit League preseason favorite Denver, 1-0, in overtime Saturday. It was the first-ever win against the Pioneers in program history.
- ORU ranks in the top 10 in the following categories according NCAA statistics:
- Assists per game (4th)
- Penalty Kicks (1st)
- Points per game (7th)
- Scoring offense (8th)
- Shots on Goal per game (7th)
- Total Assists (8th)
- Four-time Summit League Defensive Player of the Week, goalkeeper Miles Motakef, leads the league in save percentage (.775) and goals-against average (0.87). Motakef is second in goals against (9)
- Reed Berry is leads the Summit League in goals scored with nine and points with 22. Berry is also second in assists with four. Berry ranks 11th in the nation in goals per game.
- Tanguy Guerineau leads the league in assists with seven. Guerineau is fourth in the nation in assists per game and fifth in total assists.
- Dante Brigida scored the game-winning goal against Denver and ranks eighth in the nation in game-winning goals. Brigida is second in the Summit League in goals (8) and points (16). He was named to the College Soccer News National Team of the Week.
- ORU has received votes in the Top 25 and is currently ranked fifth in the West Region according to the United Soccer Coaches poll.
- The Golden Eagles were picked fourth in the Summit League Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is in his seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. Bush has a 47-53-16 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles returned 16 players and added 21 newcomers to the 2019 squad.
- Northern Kentucky is 4-8-1 and is currently on a three game losing skid. The Norse previously fell to Green Bay, 3-2, Saturday.
- This will be the first ever meeting between the ORU and Northern Kentucky.
- The most recent win for the Norse was October 9 against Berea, 11-0.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.