Score: Oral Roberts 1 – Western Illinois 1
Record: ORU (5-3-2, 0-0-1) – WIU (2-5-3, 0-0-1)
Location: Alumni Field (Macomb, Illinois)
MACOMB, Ill. – In the 2018 Summit League opener the Oral Roberts men's soccer team tied the Western Illinois Leathernecks, 1-1, Saturday afternoon in Macomb, Illinois.
The Golden Eagles scored first in the 31st minute of the match to take a 1-0 lead when Tanguy Guerineau scored an unassisted goal after receiving a free kick that deflected off of a defender.
Western Illinois' Christian Junna tied the match 1-1 in the 41st minute by scoring in the right corner of the net off of a Jamison Kozar assist.
Inside the Box Score
- Western Illinois out-shot ORU 17-5 in the match. The Golden Eagles had three shots on goal, while the Leathernecks had six.
- Nicolas Mertzokat played all 110 minutes in today's match and recorded five saves. It was Mertzokat's season debut.
- Tanguy Guerineau took one shot on goal and scored one goal in today's match.
- There were 35 fouls called in today's game.
- ORU took three corner kicks in the match while Western Illinois had six.
ORU will travel to face Valparaiso Monday, October 1 at 6 p.m. CST in Valparaiso, Indiana.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.