TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team will host its second Big 10 Conference opponent of the season on Friday, September 1 at 7 p.m. when Rutgers University visits the Case Soccer Complex.
The match will be streamed free through the ORU Sports Network, and will also be streamed free through Facebook Live on the ORU Athletics page.
- The Golden Eagles are currently 1-0-1 on the season. In its last contest, ORU tied No. 25 Wisconsin 1-1 in double overtime at home.
- Santiago Riveros currently leads the Summit League in overall shots taken this season with nine. He scored the game tying penalty kick goal against No. 25 Wisconsin.
- Thibaut Giquel started the first two games and has recorded 200 minutes of playing time this season. His record is 1-0-1 and he has captured five saves.
- The Golden Eagles currently have a shot-on-goal percentage of .517. The defense has held their opponents to a .207 shot-on-goal percentage.
- ORU started six newcomers in the game against No. 25 Wisconsin. Four of those newcomers played more than 100 minutes in the game.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles returned 14 players and added 17 newcomers to the 2017 squad.
- Last season, the Scarlet Knights finished 1-14-2 overall and 0-6-2 in the Big 10 Conference.
- This will be the first ever meeting between ORU and Rutgers.
- The Scarlet Knights are currently 0-2 on the season. On August 25, Rutgers fell 5-1 at Wake Forest and on August 27 they lost 6-1 at North Carolina. The game on Friday will be game three of a four game road trip for the Big 10 team.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.