Score: Omaha 3 – Oral Roberts 1
Records: OU (11-3-2) – ORU (6-9-2)
Location: Case Soccer Complex – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team never quit, but fell short to Omaha 3-1 Saturday evening at the Case Soccer Complex.
Mark Moulton scored first for Omaha off an unassisted goal that he gathered off of an ORU block and scored from inside the box in the 13th minute.
The Mavericks made it 2-0 in the 37th minute when Xavier Gomez scored an unassisted goal from inside the box.
In the second half, Omaha's Elvir Ibisevic made the score 3-0 in the 55th minute when he connected with the net off of a Xavier Gomez assist.
Senior, Matthew Rogers scored for the Golden Eagles in the 88th minute when he connected with the back of the net off a penalty kick.
After the game the Golden Eagles honored six seniors, Luke Moore, Matthew Rogers, Javo Reyes, Tyler Hill, Isaac Fraley and Rafael Rivera will all graduate from Oral Roberts University this academic year.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot Omaha 17-8 in the match. The Golden Eagles took five shots on goal.
- Thibaut Giquel played all 90 minutes in tonight's contest and recorded one save.
- A physical game between the two teams allowed 26 fouls.
- Senior, Matthew Rogers took three shots with two being on goal and scored one goal. It was his fifth goal of the season.
- Santiago Riveros took two shots in tonight's match.
- Tarik Nicholls recorded three shots with two on goal.
- Alex Harris took one shot on goal.
- Seniors, Rafael Rivera, Tyler Hill and Isaac Fraley each took one shot throughout the game.
- Alex Harris, Corey Cantor, Colton Haskin, Junior Chavez, Nick Evans and Tyler LaCourse each recorded one shot throughout the game.
- The Golden Eagles took five corner kicks throughout the game.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.