Score: Western Illinois 4 – Oral Roberts 0
Records: WIU (6-5-1) – ORU (5-6-1)
Location: John MacKenzie Alumni Field - Macomb, Ill.
MACOMB, Ill. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team dropped a 4-0 match at Western Illinois Saturday afternoon.
Jacob Bjornsen scored the first goal for the Leathernecks from the top of the box in the first half at the 41 minute mark off of an assist by Daniel Collins.
Fernando Pacheco put Western Illinois up 2-0 28 seconds later when he scored from inside the box.
Aziz Tahir put Western Illinois up 3-0 when he scored off of a double assist from Armel Kouassi and Daniel Collins at the 77 minute mark.
Western Illinois made the score 4-0 when Armel Kouassi scored off of a breakaway from the right at the 79 minute mark.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot Western Illinois 9-7 in the match. The Golden Eagles had four shots on goal.
- Parker Johnson played the first half and recorded one save in the match. Thibaut Giquel played the remaining 45 minutes.
- A physical game between the two teams allowed 33 fouls and five yellow cards.
- Santiago Riveros had three shots with two on goal
- Tyler LaCourse took two shots with one shot on goal.
- Tarik Nicholls took one shot on goal in today's match.
- Corey Cantor, Tyler Hill and Alex Harris each created one shot in the match.
- The Golden Eagles took six corner kicks throughout the game.
The Golden Eagles will be back in action at home on Saturday, October 15 as they take on league opponent IUPUI. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.