Score: Oral Roberts 1 – Missouri State 1
Records: ORU (3-3-1) – MSU (2-2-1)
Location: Allison South Stadium - Springfield, Mo.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The ORU men's soccer team finished a hard fought game in a tie against Missouri State Saturday evening 1-1.
Missouri State responded in the second half with a header goal by Emmerich Hoegg off of an assist from Stuart Wilson.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU was out-shot by Missouri State 18-10 in the match. The Golden Eagles had six shots on goal compared to Missouri State's eight.
- Parker Johnson played the entire game and recorded seven saves on the night. Johnson's current season record is 2-1-1.
- A physical game between the two teams allowed 32 fouls.
- Santiago Riveros had three shots, two shots on goal and scored one goal for the Golden Eagles.
- ORU's Tyler LaCourse recorded two shots on the night.
- Colton Haskin was awarded an assist off of Riveros' goal. It was his second assist of the season.
- Junior Chavez took two shots with one shot being on goal.
- Javo Reyes, Matthew Rogers and Tarik Nicholls each recorded one shot on goal.
- The Golden Eagles took two corner kicks throughout the game.
ORU will be back in action next Saturday, September 24 as the Golden Eagles play their first conference game of the season against Eastern Illinois at the Case Soccer Compex. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.