TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team will play its first regular season home games of the season. The Golden Eagles will play Friday, September 9 against Incarnate Word. First touch is set for 7 p.m. at the Case Soccer Complex.
The team will play its second game of the weekend on Sunday, September 11 against Houston Baptist at the Case Soccer Complex. The game is set to begin at 7 p.m.
Live Stats: vs. Incarnate Word
Live Stats: vs. Houston Baptist
Free Video: vs. Incarnate Word
Free Video: vs. Houston Baptist
Stats (2016): ORU
Stats (2016): Incarnate Word
Stats (2016): Houston Baptist
- ORU enters the weekend 2-2 after the team traveled to Spokane, Wash. and lost a close game to Gonzaga 1-0. The Golden Eagles then played Washington in Seattle and fell to the Huskies 4-2.
- The Golden Eagles will play their first regular season home games. Last time ORU played at home the team defeated USAO and Drury during exhibition play.
- The Golden Eagles are averaging five shots per game and the team has made six goals off of 20 shots so far this season.
- Incarnate Word is currently 0-4. Last weekend the Cardinals lost at Canisius 1-0 and lost at Buffalo 1-0. This will be the second meeting of the season between the two teams. In the first match ORU traveled to San Antonio and beat Incarnate Word 2-0.
- Houston Baptist is currently 1-2-1. The Huskies defeated Huston-Tillotson at home 1-0, but then traveled and lost at Presbyterian 2-1. The Huskies will play at Central Arkansas on Friday, September 9 before coming to ORU on Sunday. The last meeting between the two teams was on September 22, 2014, in Tulsa. The Golden Eagles won by a score of 4-3.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.