Score: Washington 4 – Oral Roberts 2
Records: WU (2-1) – ORU (2-2)
Location: Husky Soccer Stadium Seattle, Wash.
SEATTLE – The ORU men's soccer team played hard, but fell short to Washington 4-2 Sunday afternoon in Seattle.
The Golden Eagles scored first when Colton Haskin took the ball and scored his first goal of the season with 14 minutes remaining in the first half. His goal was unassisted.
Washington opened the second half with a goal at the 47 minute mark when David Coly scored his first goal of the season.
The Huskies added another goal in the 54th minute when Mason Robertson scored his second goal of the season giving Washington the lead 2-1. His goal was assisted by David Coly.
ORU tied the game 2-2 off of a free kick by Santiago Riveros. His goal was unassisted.
The Huskies took the lead in the 76th minute when Mason Robertson scored his second goal of the game making it 3-2. A double assist was credited to David Coly and Handwalla Bwana.
Washington's Kyle Coffee scored the final goal making it 4-2 within the final minute of the game.
Inside the Box Score
- Washington out-shot ORU 16-7 in the match. The Golden Eagles had five shots on goal.
- Parker Johnson played 80 minutes and made four saves. Thibaut Giquel played the remaining minutes.
- A physical game between the two teams allowed 32 fouls. ORU's Rafael Rivera was assessed a yellow card at the 88 minute mark.
- Santiago Riveros had three shots, all of which were on goal.
- Alex Harris, Javo Reyes and Thibault Le Duigou each took one shot.
ORU will be back in action on Friday, September 9 as the Golden Eagles take on Incarnate Word at the Case Soccer Complex. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.