TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team travels for another weekend road trip. The Golden Eagles will play Thursday, September 1 at Gonzaga. First touch is set for 8 p.m. (CST).
The team will play its second game of the weekend on Sunday, September 4 at Washington. The game is set to begin at 5 p.m. (CST).
· ORU enters the weekend 2-0 after the team traveled to Incarnate Word and beat the Cardinals
2-0. The Golden Eagles capped off the weekend by defeating Michigan State 2-0 in Dallas.
· The Golden Eagles travel to the State of Washington with national attention. ORU received a vote to put their name in the running for a top-25 ranking.
· The Golden Eagles, Santiago Riveros, received Summit League Offensive Player of the Week for his play in week one.
· Gonzaga is currently 1-0-1. The bulldogs tied Bradley 1-1 and beat UIC 4-1 in week one. This will be the first time ORU and Gonzaga will meet since the last time they played in 1993. In the last meeting ORU defeated the Zags 2-1.
· Washington is currently 0-1. Utah Valley defeated the Huskies 2-1 last Friday. The Huskies will play St. Mary's California on Thursday, September 1 before taking the field against ORU. This will be the first time ORU and Washington will have played each other since 1999. In the last meeting the Golden Eagles were defeated by Washington 2-1.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.