Score: IUPUI 1 - Oral Roberts 2
Records: IUPUI (4-7-1, 1-2-0), ORU (5-6-2, 1-2-1)
Location: Case Soccer Complex - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. - The Oral Roberts University men's soccer team saw two streaks come to an end Saturday night as the Golden Eagles defeated IUPUI 2-1 in Summit League action at the Case Soccer Complex.
ORU snapped a four-match winless streak, and a four-match scoreless streak, with the victory, improving to 5-6-2 overall and 1-2-1 in league play, while the Jaguars fell to 4-7-1 and 1-2-0 against league opponents.
The Jaguars took a 1-0 lead into halftime after Emmanuel Usen scored his fifth goal of the season in the 36th minute.
In the 71st minute, Alex White sent a ball into the middle of the box, and following a header by Matthew Rogers, Johnny Chavez blasted a shot from five yards out to tie the game at one to tie the game at one.
Three minutes later, Edgardo Mira found Tarik Salkicic in front of the goal and Salkicic finished for the game-winner.
Alex White and Matthew Rogers combined to set up Johnny Chavez for the equalizer in the 71st minute.
Inside the Box Score
- Johnny Chavez scored his fifth goal of the season, and Tarik Salkicic netted his second as a Golden Eagle.
- Chavez, Salkicic and Matthew Rogers each took two shots on goal, and Gerardo Salas added one.
- Rogers, Alex White and Edgardo Mira were credited with assists.
- Ben LaCourse had one save as he improved to 5-6-2 on the season.
- ORU outshot IUPUI 21-6.
- Emmanuel Usen led IUPUI with two shots on goal.
- Eduardo Cortes (3-4-1) pulled in five saves in the loss for IUPUI.
News and Notes
- ORU snapped a four-match scoreless stretch that totaled 453 minutes.
- ORU moved into a tie for fourth in the Summit League with Omaha, while IUPUI drops to sixth place.
ORU will have 10 days off before taking the pitch next on October 28 as the Golden Eagles travel to Central Arkansas. The contest at UCA is a makeup match from a postponement on August 29 due to inclement weather.
|Box Score, ORU vs. IUPUI, 10-18-14|