Event: 2019 NCAA Tournament – Austin Regional
Location: UT Golf Club / Austin, Texas
Full Results: NCAA Tournament – Final Results
AUSTIN, Texas – Oral Roberts senior golfer Cody Burrows finished his NCAA Tournament in style with birdies on four of the final five holes of his round, Wednesday. Burrows finished the NCAA Austin Regional in a tie for 34th place.
News and Notes
- With his performance at the NCAA Tournament, Burrows set a new school record with a 71.5 stroke average in 2018-19, topping the 72.0 average by Mauricio Tamez in 2006-07.
- Burrows finishes his ORU career as a four-time First Team All-Summit League selection. He won the 2017 Bob Sitton Invitational, and tied for first at the 2019 Summit League Championship.
- After a tough start to the tournament in which Burrows found himself seven over after nine holes, the senior played the final 45 holes to a score of just one over.
- Burrows earned ORU's first individual at-large bid into the NCAA Tournament since Tamez did so in 2007.
- Julian Perico (67-72-71—210, -3) is the lone individual to advance from the Austin Regional as the lowest individual not from an advancing team.
ORU Individual Results
T34 – Cody Burrows – 78-71-72—221 (+8)
For the latest information on ORU athletics, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the Golden Eagles by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store.
--- #GoldenStandard ---