Event: OGA Stroke Play Championship
Location: Tulsa Country Club / Tulsa, Okla.
Full Results: OGA Stroke Play Championship – Final Results
TULSA, Okla. – Oral Roberts rising sophomore golfer Dustin Hasley shot an opening round 64, which included a hole in one and an eagle on a par four, and went on to win the 2018 OGA Stroke Play Championship, hosted at Tulsa Country Club.
News and Notes
- Hasley, who edged OU's Thomas Johnson by one shot for the championship, led a cast of five Golden Eagles who finished in the top 30 of the event, including four who finished tied for 11th or higher.
- Hasley had a hole in one on the ninth hole, for a 30 on the front nine of the first round. He also holed out in two on the par four, 475-yard 15th hole in the opening round. His 64 was not in an NCAA sanctioned event, but would be tied for the second lowest round in ORU history. Mark Tinder holds the school record, having shot 63 at the Jim Corbett Invitational October 5, 1978.
- Jackson Howes shot 33 on the back nine, with two birdies and no bogies, to move into third place in the tournament after a final round 69.
- Hasley is not the first Golden Eagle to have success at the tournament after Cody Burrows took third at the OGA Stroke Play Championship last year. Burrows did not compete in the 2018 event, traveling to New York for the 2018 Monroe Invitational Championship instead.
- Hunter Laughlin (78-82) was also in the tournament but did not make the 30-player cut.
ORU Individual Results
1 – Dustin Hasley – 64-72-71—207
3 – Jackson Howes – 70-72-69—211
T7 – Grayson Jones – 75-69-72—216
T11 – Josh Montgomery – 76-73-68—217
T27 – Mike Biata – 74-77-75—226
Cut – Hunter Laughlin – 78-82—160
For the latest information on ORU athletics, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the Golden Eagles by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store.
--- #ORURiseUp ---