Event: Jim West Intercollegiate / Hosted by Texas State
Location: Wolfdancer Golf Club / Austin, Texas
Full Results: Jim West – Final
AUSTIN, Texas – A thunderstorm rolled into the Austin area around 10:30 and eventually forced the cancellation of the final round of the Jim West Intercollegiate. ORU officially finishes the tournament sixth at 597 (293-286), five shots back of champion Rice, who shot 574 (289-285) in what ended as a 36-hole tournament.
News and Notes
- The Jim West Intercollegiate is the second tournament this season to get cut short as ORU also played just 36 holes at The Border Olympics in early March.
- ORU has shot 10 consecutive rounds under 300.
- Cody Burrows earned his second top five finish of the season, following up his runner-up finish at the Bob Sitton Invitational.
- Although Burrows was the top finisher for ORU, it was Hunter Laughlin who posted the best individual round, carding a second round 69, his best round of the year by two strokes.
- With Laughlin (-3) and Burrows (-1) each finishing the second round under par, ORU had two players in the red in the same round for the first time this season.
1 – Rice – 289-285—574
2 – Southeastern Louisiana – 288-287—575
3 – New Mexico State – 290-286—576
4 – UT Arlington – 289-288—577
5 – Louisiana-Lafayette – 295-283—578
6 – Oral Roberts – 293-286—579
7 – Stephen F. Austin – 290-290—580
8 – Texas State – 298-287—585
9 – Sam Houston State – 297-297—594
10-St. Edward's – 303-295—598
11 – UTRGF – 304-295—599
12 – Incarnate Word – 309-301—610
The final round will begin with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. The Golden Eagles will be paired with Louisiana-Lafayette and UT Arlington starting on holes 4-7. Live scoring may be found here: https://www.birdiefire.com/tournament/33435/
For the latest information on ORU men's golf, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.