Oral Roberts (3-8) at Missouri (5-3)
Date/Time: Friday, December 7, 2018 / 6 p.m.
TV/Video: SEC Network / WatchESPN
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Columbia, Mo. / Mizzou Arena
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will travel to Columbia, Missouri, to take on the Missouri Tigers Friday night in the Golden Eagles' final game before finals week on campus.
Friday's game will tip off at 6 p.m. from Mizzou Arena and will be broadcast on the SEC Network and available online at WatchESPN. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at Missouri
Opponent Game Notes: at Missouri
Summit League Notes: Week 5
Live Stats: at Missouri
TV / Live Video: SEC Network / WatchESPN
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• Missouri enters the game with a 5-3 record but has won two straight, including a 65-45 win over UTA the last time out. The Tigers are 3-1 at home this season.
• Jordan Geist leads Mizzou in scoring at 12.8 points per game, while Jeremiah Tilmon is grabbing a team-best 6.3 rebounds per game.
• ORU is 1-7 all-time against Missouri, with the Golden Eagle's lone win coming at the buzzer in a 60-59 win at the Mabee Center in 2009. ORU and MU last played in 2014 when Obi Emegano scored 30 points but the Tigers hit 8-of-9 from 3-point range in the second half.
• The Golden Eagles are coming off two of the better offensive performances of the season. Against SMU, ORU shot 48 percent from 3-point range with 12 triples (12-25), and against FGCU, ORU shot nearly 52 percent from the field (31-60), the highest percentage against a Division I opponent this season.
• With his third rebound of the game against FGCU (a put-back dunk), Emmanuel Nzekwesi reached the 500 career rebound mark. He is currently averaging 6.9 rebounds per game for his career.
• ORU is 11th nationally in total rebounds with 397, 21st in total assists with 155 and 35th in toatl blocks with 42. Individually, Emmanuel Nzekwesi is 22nd in total field goals made with 68 and 45th in total rebounds with 80.
• Kevin Obanor has been impressive in his rookie season with the Golden Eagles, scoring in double figures in five of the seven games in which he has played. Obanor earned his first double-double of the season with 14 points and 13 rebounds in ORU's overtime win over James Madison.
• Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned All-Tournament Team honors at the Men Against Breast Cancer Oakland Hoops Challenge after posting back-to-back double-doubles to finish the tournament, including 22 points and 12 rebounds in ORU's win over James Madison.
• ORU has two players (Nzekwesi, Obanor) averaging double figures in scoring this season, with Malone close behind at 9.4 ppg.
• Kaelen Malone scored in double figures in seven straight games this season. He had a season-high 13 points against Oakland after scoring 12 points in each of the previous four games.
• ORU basketball was featured on ESPN's SportsCenter Top 10 twice in the same day earlier in the season, both for half-court shots. Former ORU player and current ORU women's basketball assistant coach Kyron Stokes drained a half-court shot backwards to earn the No. 10 spot, while CBU's buzzer-beater against the Golden Eagles was the top play.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).