Oral Roberts (10-17, 4-6) vs. South Dakota State (21-6, 9-1)
Date/Time: Saturday, February 10, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: KGEB TV-53 / ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – Coming off a thrilling overtime win over North Dakota State, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will try to carry momentum into the weekend as the Golden Eagles host South Dakota State Saturday night.
Saturday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from the Mabee Center and will be televised locally on KGEB TV-53 and will also be broadcast on ESPN3 and available through the WatchESPN app. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. South Dakota State
Opponent Game Notes: vs. South Dakota State
Summit League Notes: Week 14
Live Stats: vs. South Dakota State
TV / Live Video: KGEB TV-53 / ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• ORU is 9-11 all-time against the Jackrabbits, but 6-2 at home against South Dakota State. SDSU took the first meeting of the season 78-75 in Brookings.
• SDSU has won 14 of their last 16 games dating back to December 8.
• The Jackrabbits are led by All-American candidate Mike Daum, who averages 23 points and 9.9 rebounds per game. Freshman David Jenkins is second on the team in scoring at 15.7 points per contest.
• In ORU's most recent contest against NDSU, Emmanuel Nzekwesi hit a contested layup with 28 seconds left in regulation to tie the game and send it to overtime where Austin Ruder beat the buzzer to give ORU the overtime win and the top spot on SportsCenter.
• Sam Kearns has hit a 3-pointer in 26 consecutive games. He failed to make a triple in the first game of the season, but has connected from long range in every game since then. In just one season, he already leads the team in career games with a made 3-pointer.
• ORU is getting more than 68 percent of its scoring (1,339 of 1,954 points) from its underclassmen this season, including 53 percent (1,044 points) from the sophomore class.
• The Golden Eagles are seventh in the nation in offensive rebounds with 14 offensive boards per game. ORU is eighth nationally in total rebounds with 1,040, just behind South Dakota State's 1,043.
• It took until his 39th career game for Jontray Harris to record his first double-double, and the junior then did it in back-to-back games. Along with a career high in assists (5 vs. ETBU) and a career high in scoring (21 vs. NCC), Harris grabbed a career high 12 rebounds in both games last week, averaging 15.5 ppg and 12 rpg for the week.
• Kellen Manek's nine made free throws against NCC tied him with Emmanuel Nzkewesi for the most made free throws in a game this season. Nzekwesi was 9-10 at North Dakota State (1/3/18).
• Albert Owens blocked a pair of shots against Fort Wayne for his 150th career block, moving him to third in ORU history.
• ORU became one of just nine teams this year to have three players record a double-double in the same game as Albert Owens (22/ 13), Emmanuel Nzekwesi (12/11) and Jontray Harris (10/12) did so against East Texas Baptist. It is the first time on record that ORU has had three double-doubles in the same game.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).