Oral Roberts (9-16, 3-5) at Western Illinois (10-11, 1-7)
Date/Time: Saturday, February 3, 2018 / 2 p.m.
TV/Video: None / ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Macomb, Ill. / Western Hall
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will travel to Western Illinois Saturday, for an afternoon contest against the Leathernecks.
Saturday's game will tip off at 2 p.m. from Western Hall, and will be streamed for a small fee through GoLeathernecks.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at Western Illinois
Opponent Game Notes: at Western Illinois
Summit League Notes: Week 13
Live Stats: at Western Illinois
TV / Live Video: None / ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• ORU is 32-9 against Western Illinois after winning the first meeting of the year 81-66 at the Mabee Center.
• Freshman Kobe Webster leads a trio of Leathernecks averaging double figures this year. Webster scores 16.2 points per game, while Dalan Ancrum averages 13.8 and Brandon Gilbeck averages 11.8 points per game.
• That trio, along with C.J. Duff, have started all 21 games this season for WIU.
• Sam Kearns has hit a 3-pointer in 24 consecutive games. He failed to make a triple in the first game of the season, but has connected from long range in every game since then.
• ORU is getting nearly 69 percent of its scoring (1,259 of 1,831 points) from its underclassmen this season, including 53 percent (983 points) from the sophomore class.
• It took until his 39th career game for Jontray Harris to record his first double-double, and now the junior has done it in back-to-back games. Along with a career high in assists (5 vs. ETBU) and a career high in scoring (21 vs. NCC), Harris grabbed a career high 12 rebounds in both games last week, averaging 15.5 ppg and 12 rpg for the week.
• Kellen Manek's nine made free throws against NCC tied him with Emmanuel Nzkewesi for the most made free throws in a game this season. Nzekwesi was 9-10 at North Dakota State (1/3/18).
• Albert Owens blocked a pair of shots against Fort Wayne for his 150th career block, moving him to third in ORU history.
• ORU became one of just nine teams this year to have three players record a double-double in the same game as Albert Owens (22/ 13), Emmanuel Nzekwesi (12/11) and Jontray Harris (10/12) did so against East Texas Baptist. It is the first time on record that ORU has had three double-doubles in the same game.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
• Senior Albert Owens was one of 30 selected as a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award. ORU WBB player Faith Ihim was also selected as a candidate, making ORU and Duke the only two schools with a nominee for both the men's and women's award.
• According to the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings, ORU played the seventh toughest non-conference schedule in the country. In addition to three teams ranked in the top 15 of the mid-major poll, ORU closed the first semester nonconference schedule with two teams receiving votes in the AP poll.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).