Oral Roberts (8-15) – Nebraska Christian (14-7)
Date/Time: Saturday, January 27, 2018 / 4 p.m.
TV/Video: None / ORU Sports Network
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will play the second of two January nonconference games on Saturday against Nebraska Christian. The games fill the gap that was created when IUPUI left for the Horizon League over the summer.
Saturday's game will tip off at 4 p.m. from the Mabee Center and will be streamed for free through the ORU Sports Network at ORUAthletics.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. Nebraska Christian
Opponent Game Notes: vs. Nebraska Christian
Summit League Notes: Week 12
Live Stats: vs. Nebraska Christian
TV / Live Video: None / ORU Sports Network
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• Nebraska Christian is in its first year of men's basketball.
• D.J. Hanes leads the team in scoring, averaging 31.9 points per game in their 21 games so far. He is shooting better than 51 percent on the season and 38 percent from 3-point range.
• Senior Albert Owens was one of 30 selected as a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award. ORU WBB player Faith Ihim was also selected as a candidate, making ORU and Duke the only two schools with a nominee for both the men's and women's award.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
• ORU became one of just nine teams this year to have three players record a double-double in the same game as Albert Owens (22/ 13), Emmanuel Nzekwesi (12/11) and Jontray Harris (10/12) did so against East Texas Baptist. It is the first time on record that ORU has had three double-doubles in the same game.
• According to the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings, ORU played the seventh toughest non-conference schedule in the country. In addition to three teams ranked in the top 15 of the mid-major poll, ORU closed the first semester nonconference schedule with two teams receiving votes in the AP poll.
• After passing the 1,000 point mark for his career, Albert Owens is now trying to become the next member of the 1,000-point, 500-rebound club. Owens currently has 1,190 career points and 491 career rebounds. 15 other players have reached both benchmarks during their ORU careers. Korey Billbury (2012-15) was the most recent to do so.
• In the 98th game of his career, Albert Owens reached the 1,000 point mark, tying him with Luke Spencer-Gardner as the 28th fastest to reach the mark. Owens was the 34th player in ORU history to reach the 1,000 point mark.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).