TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will travel to Omaha Thursday as the Golden Eagles look to jump into a tie for sixth in the Summit League standings. ORU (4-9) is nipping at the heels of IUPUI, Western Illinois and South Dakota State, all of whom have five league wins.
Thursday's game will be broadcast exclusively through OMavs.com and their subscription service. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 97.1 FM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App or ORU Golden Eagles Live App.
• ORU's most convincing Summit League win of the season (+17) came against Omaha in the first meeting as ORU won 103-86 at the Mabee Center. In the victory, ORU moved to 5-2 all-time against the Mavericks thanks to a double-double from Emmanuel Nzekwesi (13/12) and three 20-point scorers (Owens-28, Martin 26, Bradley-24).
• Albert Owens has been virtually unstoppable in Summit League play averaging 19.8 points and 5.8 rebounds per game in Summit League games. He has topped the 20 point mark eight times, including back-to-back career high 28-point performances against Omaha and North Dakota State.
• Last season, ORU had just one player (Obi Emegano) average in double figures scoring. This season, ORU has three above that mark; Albert Owens 17.0 ppg, Kris Martin 14.1 ppg and Jalen Bradley 14.0 ppg. All three have upped their scoring in league play; Owens 19.8 ppg, Martin 14.5 ppg and Bradley 14.4 ppg.
• Freshman Emmanuel Nzekwesi has made an immediate impact, starting all 27 games in his rookie season. He leads all Summit League freshmen in scoring (33rd overall), rebounding (8th overall), double-doubles (T6th overall) and has the second most rebounds for any player in a game (17).
• Five times this season ORU has held an opponent to less than 30 points in a half; 21 (2nd) at Creighton, 21 (1st) and 27 (2nd) vs. Little Rock, 23 (1st) at South Dakota State and 29 (1st) vs. Western Illinois.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).