TULSA, Okla. –A stretch of six out of seven games at home comes to an end Tuesday evening as the Oral Roberts men's basketball team hosts Denver at 7 p.m.
Al Jerkens and former Golden Eagle Mickey Michalec will call the game live on ESPN3 and the broadcast will be available online and on mobile devices through the WatchESPN app. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App or ORU Golden Eagles Live App.
• ORU and Denver are knotted up 4-4 in the all-time series after the Pioneers got the better of the matchup in Denver to start Summit League play. Neither team has ever lost at home and neither team has ever won back-to-back games within the series.
• Albert Owens has been virtually unstoppable in Summit League play averaging 22.3 points and 6.7 rebounds per game over the first nine Summit League games. He has topped the 20 point mark in eight of the nine contests, including back-to-back career high 28-point performances against Omaha and North Dakota State.
• Last season, ORU had just one player (Obi Emegano) average in double figures scoring. This season, ORU has three above that mark; Albert Owens 17.5 ppg, Kris Martin 14.3 ppg and Jalen Bradley 14.3 ppg. All three have upped their scoring in league play; Owens 22.6 ppg, Bradley 15.3 ppg and Martin 15.2 ppg.
• The Golden Eagles had two of their best defensive performances in years to end the nonconference schedule holding No. 10 Creighton 25 points below their season average and holding Little Rock to 48 points, the fewest since 2014.
• The Golden Eagles return three starters and a total of eight lettermen from last year's squad, including three of the top four in scoring, and more than 50 percent of the total points from last year.
• Junior Albert Owens returns as the leading scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter (made) and shot blocker.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).