TULSA, Okla. – A quick trip back on the road, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will travel to North Dakota State Wednesday, before returning back home for two straight Summit League games.
Wednesday's game against the league-leading Bison will be televised on MidcoSN and will also be available on ESPN3 and through the WatchESPN app. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App or ORU Golden Eagles Live App.
ORU Game Notes: at North Dakota State
Opponent Game Notes: at North Dakota State
Summit League Notes: Week 11
Live Stats: at North Dakota State
TV / Live Video: MidcoSN / ESPN3
Free Audio: at North Dakota State
• ORU is 11-8 all-time against North Dakota State and the two teams have split each of the last six meetings. ORU is 2-6 in Fargo, but will be playing for the first time inside the newly built Scheels Center.
• ORU has faced one of the toughest schedules in the nation in 2016-17. Eight of its nonconference opponents played in the 2016 postseason, including five NCAA Tournament teams. ORU's nonconference strength of schedule is currently 6th according to the NCAA RPI and the overall SOS is currently 49.
• Albert Owens has been virtually unstoppable in Summit League play averaging 21.9 points and 6.7 rebounds per game over the first seven league games. He has topped the 20 point mark in six of the seven contests, including a career high 28 points in a win against Omaha.
• The Golden Eagles had two of their best defensive performances in years to end the nonconference schedule holding No. 10 Creighton 25 points below their season average and holding Little Rock to 48 points, the fewest since 2014.
• The Golden Eagles return three starters and a total of eight lettermen from last year's squad, including three of the top four in scoring, and more than 50 percent of the total points from last year.
• Junior Albert Owens returns as the leading scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter (made) and shot blocker.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).