TULSA, Okla. – For just the third time this season, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will play at home as the Golden Eagles host John Brown in the second game of an ORU doubleheader Saturday.
Saturday's men's basketball game will tip off at 3 p.m. from the Mabee Center immediately after the ORU women's basketball team's contest against UT-Martin will tip off at 12:30. Both games will be streamed for free through the ORU Sports Network and ORUAthletics.com. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 97.1 FM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App.
• ORU and John Brown will play for the fifth time during the regular season when the two teams battle on Saturday. ORU has never lost to JBU, with all four matchups taking place in Tulsa.
• A win Saturday would send the Golden Eagles to 5-0 against JBU all-time, and snap a seven game skid since beating Rogers State November 14.
• ORU has faced one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the nation to start 2016-17. Including a 2015-16 Final Four team in Oklahoma, ORU has played against 2016 postseason teams in six of its first nine games, with four of those opponents having played in the 2016 NCAA Tournament. ORU's strength of schedule is 16 according to the NCAA RPI. • The Golden Eagles return three starters and a total of eight lettermen from last year's squad, including three of the top four in scoring, and more than 50 percent of the total points from last year.
• Junior Albert Owens returns as the leading scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter (made) and shot blocker.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).