Score: Montana 68 – Oral Roberts 47
Records: Montana (1-4) – ORU (1-4)
Location: St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (UVI Sports and Fitness Center)
ST. THOMAS, V.I. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team could not get the lid off the basket in the final game of the Paradise Jam, falling 68-47 to Montana Monday afternoon.
ORU shot just 31 percent for the game including 9.5 percent (2-21) from 3-point range. Albert Owens led the way offensively with 14 points on a 7-12 effort from the field. Kris Martin grabbed six of ORU's 29 rebounds, while Jalen Bradley and Darian Harris each had three assists.
Montana hit 11 3-pointers and shot 46 percent from long range as the Grizzlies were led by a 19-point effort on a 7-10 effort from Brandon Gfeller. Sayeed Pridgett grabbed eight of the Grizzlies' 44 rebounds.
The Golden Eagles made a second-half run and cut the lead to 11, but just as they got within striking distance they went cold again hitting just one of their next 11 shots from the field.
Oral Roberts: Albert Owens scored 14 while Martin grabbed six rebounds, the most for the sophomore this season and two off his career high.
Montana: Gfeller's 19 points led the way offensively. Pridgett had eight rebounds, including three offensive boards.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU did not hit a 3-pointer in the second half (0-10), and finished the game just 9.5 percent (2-21) from long range. It was the first time since going 1-13 at Baylor in 2013 in which ORU has shot less than 10 percent from beyond the arc.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles hit 31 percent (18-58) from the field and just 60 percent (6-15) from the free throw line.
- ORU turned the ball over just 12 times as opposed to the 20 giveaways by the Grizzlies, with 10 ORU steals.
- Montana shot 44 percent (24-54) for the game after hitting 15 of their 26 shots in the first half.
News and Notes
- The 10 steals by the Golden Eagles were the second most this season behind the 11 takeaways against Rogers State.
- Montana got 42 points off its bench, including 19 from Gfeller.
The Golden Eagles will host Tulsa in the PSO Mayor's Cup game on Monday, November 28, at 7 p.m. inside the Mabee Center. That contest will be broadcast on ESPN3.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.