TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will start its regular season on the road Friday as the Golden Eagles travel to Waco, Texas, to face Baylor.
Friday's game will tip off at 6 p.m. from the Ferrell Center and be televised on ESPNU and will also be available online through WatchESPN and the WatchESPN app. Roy Philpott and Paul Biancardi will serve as the announcers for the tv broadcast. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 97.1 FM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App.
• ORU is looking for its first win against Baylor in the sixth meeting between the two teams. ORU last faced the Bears in 2013.
• A win Friday would be ORU's 17th all-time win against a Big 12 opponent, and give ORU at least one win over eight of the league's 10 current members. ORU is 33-18 all-time in season openers, but just 5-13 on the road.
• The Golden Eagles return three starters and a total of eight lettermen from last year's squad, including three of the top four in scoring, and more than 50 percent of the total points from last year.
• Junior Albert Owens returns as the leading scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter (made) and shot blocker.
• ORU was picked to finish sixth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll. Baylor was picked to finish fifth in the Big 12.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).