Score: Oral Roberts 112 – Tabor 80
Records: ORU (5-1) – Tabor (9-1)
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – A 22-2 second-half run blew the game open Wednesday night as the Oral Roberts University men's basketball team ran away from Tabor 112-80 at the Mabee Center.
DaQuan Jeffries tallied the first double-double of the season for ORU with 15 points and 10 rebounds, both career highs. Obi Emegano led the way with 20 points, including a 4-7 shooting mark in the second half. In all, the Golden Eagles had six double-figure scorers, and all 11 players who saw action scored at least a point.
For Tabor, John Jedneak led the way with 14 points, the only double-digit scorer. A total of 15 Blue Jays saw time on the court, 13 of which scored.
Jeffries got one of his four offensive rebounds off a missed free throw and his put back gave ORU a 60-48 lead, matching the largest lead of the game to that point. Jeffries got a fast-break bucket to make it a 9-0 run that was part of the 22-2 spurt that put the game away for the Golden Eagles.
Oral Roberts: Emegano scored 20 points, while Jeffries added 15 and grabbed 10 rebounds for his first career double-double.
Tabor: Jedneak led the scoring effort with 14 points, while Tullio Parry grabbed a team-high nine rebounds.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU shot 50 percent or better in both halves, finishing the game at 53 percent (37-70) from the field and 42 percent (12-28) from 3-point range. It was easily the most points, field goals and 3-pointers of the season for the Golden Eagles.
- Tabor connected on 30 of 81 field goal attempts (37 percent) and 12-33 (36 percent) from beyond the arc.
- ORU led in rebounding (50-40), points in the paint (42-30), points off turnovers (16-10) and fast break points (22-4).
- Seven different Blue Jays hit a 3-pointer in the first half as Tabor went 8-18 from beyond the arc in the first half. In all, eight different players hit a 3-ball for Tabor as the Blue Jays hit 12 treys.
News and Notes
- ORU's 53 first-half points were the most in the first period of a regular season game since scoring the same number against Omaha January 14, 2015.
- ORU had six double-figure scorers for the first time since playing Central Arkansas February 19, 2013.
- ORU topped the first half number with 59 in the second half, topping the 52 points scored in the second half against IUPUI February 5, 2015.
- The 112 points scored by ORU were the most since December 28, 2004, when the Golden Eagles topped Utah Valley State 113-68.
- Six different Golden Eagles matched or set new career highs in scoring on the night. Jeffries (rebounds), Darian Harris (3-pointers) and Anderson (assists) hit career marks in other categories as well.
- The 12 3-points dropped in by the Golden Eagles were the most since connecting on 14 January 8, 2011 against South Dakota State.
ORU will remain at home Saturday as the Golden Eagles host Detroit for a 1 p.m. contest at the Mabee Center.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.