ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts' Obi Emegano and Western Illinois' J.C. Fuller were named Summit League Players of the Week for their performances Nov. 16-22. Emegano also earned Summit League Player of the Week honors from College Sports Madness.
OBI EMEGANO, ORAL ROBERTS
Sr. // G // Edmond, Okla.
- Collected third career award, first this season
- Averaged 25.5 points in four games and was named MVP of Men Against Breast Cancer Classic
- Converted 32-of-37 free throw attempts (.865) during week, including 13-of-17 (.765) in final five minutes
- Scored season-high 31 points at South Carolina, played all 45 minutes in overtime win vs. FIU
J.C. FULLER, WESTERN ILLINOIS
Sr. // G // Sioux City, Iowa
- Garnered first career award
- Averaged 24.0 points and 7.0 rebounds with a 60.0 FG% and 71.4 3FG% in two wins
- Scored 29 points and pulled down seven rebounds in win at Eastern Illinois
- Ranks second nationally in season three-point field goal percentage
Also nominated: Marcus Byrd, Denver; John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Matt O'Leary, IUPUI; Kory Brown, North Dakota State; Tre'Shawn Thurman, Omaha; Shy McClelland, South Dakota; George Marshall, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Nov. 16 – Garret Covington, Western Illinois
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
In its fourth decade of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. In 2014-15, The Summit League completed its fourth straight season with both a top-20 league RPI finish and a league-record four teams in national postseason tournaments. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships further established itself as one of the nation's top tournaments by smashing league attendance figures in five-of-six categories, including total attendance by an astounding 33 percent, at the new Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D. This season's tournament returns to the venue March 5-8, 2016. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.