Score: Oral Roberts 74 – James Madison 64
Records: ORU (3-1) – JMU (2-2)
Location: JMU Convocation Center / Harrisonburg, Va.
HARRISONBURG, Va. – For the second game in a row, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team held the lead for more than 35 minutes as the Golden Eagles took down James Madison 74-64 on the second day of the Men Against Breast Cancer Classic.
Yohanny Dalembert scored 17 to lead the Dukes, while Ron Curry chipped in 16.
With the lead at six, Emegano threw down an alley-oop dunk from Jalen Bradley to keep the lead at eight. The advantage didn't dip below six the rest of the game.
Quote of the Game
"That's a great win. James Madison has a very nice basketball team. For us to come in here with virtually no time to prepare for them and win the way we did speaks a lot about our guys. I thought we did a great job of playing with toughness tonight." – Head Coach Scott Sutton
Oral Roberts: Emegano led all scorers with 20 points on a 6-8 shooting night. Aaron Anderson and DaQuan Jeffries each grabbed seven boards as ORU out-rebounded its opponent for the second straight game.
James Madison: Yohanny Dalembert was 7-10 from the field en route to 17 points, also leading the Dukes in rebounding with six.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU turned the ball over more than JMU (14-11), but took advantage of the Dukes' giveaways with a 16-9 advantage in points off turnovers.
- The Golden Eagles also led in fast break points (12-0) and bench points (23-20).
- ORU shot 51 percent (23-45) from the field for the game, the highest since hitting 55 percent (30-54) in the first round of the CBI last year. Both teams were over 50 percent in the second half, with ORU shooting a blistering 58 percent (10-17) in the second half.
- JMU connected on 43 percent (26-60) for the game and were just 6-20 (30 percent) from 3-point range.
News and Notes
- ORU was 7-15 (46 percent) from long range Saturday and has now made a 3-pointer in 93 consecutive games.
- Martin (12 points) and Jeffries (11 points) both set season watermarks on Saturday.
ORU's final game of the Men Against Breast Cancer Classic will be at noon (CT), 1 p.m. (ET), Sunday against FIU.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.