Score: Oral Roberts 5 - Oklahoma 0
Records: ORU - (11-9) - OU (11-10-1)
Location: J.L. Johnson Stadium - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. - It was a pitcher's duel up until the sixth inning when Oral Roberts pushed across four runs and cruised to a 5-0 victory over Oklahoma Tuesday night in front 1,591 fans at J.L. Johnson Stadium.
Nick Roark kickstarted the sixth inning with a leadoff single to left before sophomore Matt Whatley crushed a ball to the gap in right field for a stand up triple pushing across the go-ahead run. Junior Brent Williams added a run to the board later in the inning as he singled through the right side on a hit-and-run.
ORU would finish the inning with four runs, two of which came off an error by Sooner pitcher Austin Hansen as he threw away a ball into the outfield on a bunt.
Sophomore Cale Tims had another phenomenal outing on the mound coming off a win at Mississippi State. The right-hander tossed six and two thirds of shutout baseball and allowed only four hits while striking out four en route to his second victory of the season.
The bullpen helped close the door on the Sooners in the final two and a third innings on their way to the team's first shutout of the season. Freshman Josh McMinn went an inning and a third while Brady Womacks closed out the ninth inning with a pair of strikeouts.
- Oral Roberts has held Oklahoma to one run in their last four meetings, winning each contest.
- Whatley led the way offensively for ORU with a double and a triple.
- Tims pitched a career-high 6.2 innings in the win.
- The Golden Eagles stranded 10 runners on base while OU left eight on.
- Shawn Hunter was charged with the loss for Oklahoma dropping him to 1-2 on the season.
- Sheldon Neuse and Steele Walker had two hits each for OU.
Oral Roberts will take on IPFW this weekend in a three-game series at J.L. Johnson Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Friday night.
For the latest information on ORU baseball, follow @ORUBaseball on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.