ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts catcher Matt Whatley was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week, while ORU's Nick Wood garnered the league's Pitcher of the Week awards for their performances during the week of Feb. 29-March 6. It marks the second consecutive week that Oral Roberts has swept the league's weekly awards.
So. // C // Claremore, Okla.
- Had a hit in all five games, including three multi-hit games
- Went a perfect 4-for-4 with a pair of doubles and two runs scored in Friday's win over Little Rock
- Added two hits against No. 12 Missouri State and the series finale vs. Little Rock
- For the week, Whatley batted .556 with a .667 slugging percentage and .652 on-base percentage
- Drove-in seven runs while scoring two off 10 hits with four walks and just one strikeout
Sr. // RHP // Los Alamitos, Calif.
- Picked up the win in Oral Roberts' 3-2 win over Little Rock
- Went five innings of shutout baseball with three strikeout and allowed just five hits without surrendering a run
For the latest information on ORU baseball, follow @ORUBaseball on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.