TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts baseball team is set to travel to Sioux Falls, S.D. for the 2015 Summit League Baseball Tournament hosted by South Dakota State at Sioux Falls Stadium May 20-23.
The Golden Eagles (38-14) earned the No. 1 seed after finishing the regular season with a 25-5 Summit League record. ORU is the top seed for a record 15th time in 16 years competing in the league.
The Bison (20-29, 11-19 SL) are making their fifth consecutive appearance in the league tournament and second straight as the four seed.
Out of the Box
• Oral Roberts claimed its 15th Summit League Regular Season Championship with a sweep of IPFW. The Golden Eagles clinched the No. 1 seed in the Summit League Tournament for the 15th time since 1998.
• ORU has been one of the best road teams in the nation going 18-6 away from J.L Johnson this season with the eighth-best road win percentage. The 18 road wins are tied for the second-best mark in college baseball. Dallas Baptist and Nevada lead the country with 19 road victories apiece.
• ORU continued its hot hitting with a pair of run rule wins while still holding the nation's second highest batting average at .322. Morehead State leads the country hitting at a .334 clip. ORU has also climbed to fifth in on base percentage at .411.
• The Golden Eagles have scored in bunches this season outscoring opponents 385-216. ORU is averaging 7.4 runs per game, 10th best in the nation. The Golden Eagles have scored in double digits 17 times this season.
• Anthony Sequeira has been named a semifinalist for the John Olerud Two-Way Player as he leads ORU in saves (9) and holds a 1.63 ERA. Along with his league-leading home run (7) and RBI (52) totals, he is tied for the Summit League lead in saves and ranks 47th in NCAA. Over the past month, Sequeira has smashed five home runs and drove in 17 runs for a .361 average. He hit home runs in back-to-back games against Western Illinois over the weekend (5/15-16).
• Matt Whatley holds the longest hitting streak for ORU at 15 games. During the streak, Whatley has hit at a clip of .419, going 26-for-62. He also has 13 extra-base hits during the stretch including 10 doubles, two triples and a home run for a .694 slugging percentage.
For the latest information on ORU baseball, follow @ORUBaseball on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.