TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts baseball team looks to start a new winning streak Tuesday as the Golden Eagles host UALR in a non-conference match-up at J.L. Johnson Stadium.
First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. as video will be available through ORUAthletics.com. Geoff Haxton will have the radio call and can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free online and on mobile devices at ORUAthletics.com.
|Oral Roberts vs UALR | April 21 | Tulsa, Okla. | J.L. Johnson Stadium|
|Series Schedule||Coverage||Projected Starters|
|Game 1: Tuesday, April 21 - 6:30 p.m.||Watch | Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Tyler Buss (2-0)
UALR - Reed Willenborg (1-2)
|Social: Twitter | Instagram // Game Notes: ORU | UALR|
OUT OF THE BOX
• ORU saw its eight-game win streak come to an end in the second game of Saturday's double-header at North Dakota State. The Golden Eagles have put together an eight-game and nine-game winning streak this season and won 19 of their last 21 since March 15. The hot streak also has ORU receiving votes in the NCBWA Top 25.
• During the streak, ORU had three players hit above .400 with Dean Wilson leading the way at .500 followed by Derrian James at .474 and Matt Brandy at .452. James added six doubles, two home runs and 17 RBI to his resume during the streak with a .789 slugging percentage and .500 on base percentage.
• Also during the streak ORU hit .372 as a team with eight home runs, 152 total bases while the pitching staff held opponents to a .222 batting average through the eight games. The pitching staff also recorded 64 strikeouts to just 13 walks during the streak.
• James and Audie Afenir have both seen their season batting average rise to .350 which is third best in the Summit League. Joining the duo in the top 11 Anthony Sequeira (7th) with a .340 average, Brandy (8th) at .338 and Whatley (11th) hitting .331.
• Freshman lead-off Matt Whatley is nearing ORU freshman single-season marks as his 35 runs tie him for sixth with current assistant coach Ryan Neill ('97). He is also just four hits shy of sixth on the freshman list, while his 12 stolen bases tie him with Greg Davis ('70) for fifth.
• Offensively ORU has been one of the best in the nation ranking third in batting average (.320), eighth in on-base percentage (.407) and 11th in both hits (424) and scoring (11th) averaging 7.5 runs per game.
• Anthony Sequeira belted two home runs at NDSU to move his Summit League leading total to seven while picking up his 39th RBI of the year. His RBI total also leads the Summit League and ranks 41st in nation.
• Xavier Altamirano picked up his fifth win of the season Saturday at NDSU and has the league's second best ERA at 2.61. Altamirano leads the league with 58 strikeouts and has allowed just nine walks in 58.2 innings pitched. His strikeout-to-walk ratio is second best in the Summit League and 74th in NCAA.
UP NEXT FOR ORU
The Golden Eagles continue their brief home stand Friday as the open a three-game Summit League series against second place South Dakota State. First pitch is set for 6:30 p.m. with afternoon games to follow on Saturday and Sunday.