Oral Roberts (6-7) at Oklahoma (12-7)
Game: Tuesday, March 10 – 6 p.m.
Location: L. Dale Mitchell Park – Norman, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts University baseball team looks to get back on track Tuesday as the Golden Eagles stay in-state for their first mid-week game of the season at Oklahoma in Norman, Okla. First pitch for the contest is scheduled for 6 p.m.
Out Of The Box
- After the fourth weekend of the season, Anthony Sequeira leads the Summit League with a .432 batting average, is second in the league with a .500 on-base percentage and third in slugging at .591.
- Redshirt freshman Noah Cummings continues to make a statement in his first season with the Golden Eagles with the top average (.342) and on-base percentage (.419) among Summit League freshman.
- Freshman Bryce Howe (0-0, 0.00) has been tabbed to make the start in the Golden Eagles first mid-week game of the season, his first start and second appearance of his career.
- In 2014, ORU snapped a five-game losing streak against Oklahoma as the Golden Eagles knocked off the Sooners at home 3-0 on the shoulders of a complete game by Pepe Gomez. ORU made it two in a row after winning the game in Norman, 2-0.
- The Oklahoma Sooners (12-6) have won nine of their last 11 games, including taking two of three this past weekend against Purdue.
- OU is led the season at the plate by 2014 All-Big 12 Second Team selection Craig Aikin. The junior boasts the fourth highest Big 12 batting average at .397 with five doubles, one triple and one home run.
- Sophomore Sheldon Neuse is on fire of late as he was named Big 12 Player of the Week on Monday after going 11-16 at the plate in four games last week. In that stretch, he hit three home runs, two doubles with 10 RBI.
- ORU Game Notes
- Oklahoma Game Notes
- Broadcast at Oklahoma: Fox Sports Southwest+, Fox College Sports Central
- Live Audio ($) at Oklahoma (Home broadcast)
- Live Stats at Oklahoma