TULSA, Okla. – Christy Carter (women's golf), David Castillo (baseball), Calvin Garrett (men's basketball) and Patricia Menezes (volleyball) will be inducted into the ORU Athletics Hall of Fame, Saturday and will be honored at halftime of the men's basketball game Saturday evening.
The 2018 hall of fame class includes two All-Americans, five conference Player of the Year awards and two draft picks, among other impressive accolades.
Christy Carter / Women's Golf / 2005-09
- 2008 and 2009 Summit League Golfer of the Year
- 2006 Mid-Con Newcomer of the Year
- 2009 Summit League Championship MVP
- Holds the school record for the lowest single round (67)
- Four time first team all-conference (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009) and league record 16-time Golfer of the Week
- Holds the lowest 36-hole and 54-hole tournament scores in conference history
- Won 7 individual tournament championships
- Has the lowest career stroke average in school history (75.8)
David Castillo / Baseball / 2001-03
- Two time NCBWA 2nd team All-American (2002, 2003)
- Two time Collegiate Baseball 3rd Team All-American (2002, 2003)
- Collegiate Baseball Honorable Mention Freshman All-American (2001)
- Conference Player of the Year (2002, 2003)
- Drafted in the 7th Round of the 2003 MLB Draft by Oakland
Calvin Garrett / Men's Basketball / 1978-80
- Honorable Mention All-American (Converse) – 1979-80
- NABC All-District second team selection in 1979 and 1980
- Had 12 career 20/10 games
- Drafted in the third round of the 1979 NBA Draft by Chicago and again in the third round of the 1980 draft by the Houston Rockets
- Fourth fastest in school history to 1,000 career points (48 games), finishing with 1,190 career points in two seasons, averaging 21.6 points per game for his career.
Patricia Menezes / Volleyball / 1999-2002
- 2000 Mid-Continent Conference Player of the Year
- Two-time Mid-Continent Conference Tournament MVP (2000 & 2002)
- 1999 Mid-Continent Conference Newcomer of the Year
- Four-time First Team All-Mid Con (1999-2002)
- Eight-time Mid Con Player of the Week (Third all-time)
- Conference record 5.47 kills per set in 2000
- Conference record .416 hitting percentage in 2000
- Conference record 1,669 career kills
Both ORU basketball teams will be in action at the Mabee Center against Denver on Saturday, with the women's team playing at 2 p.m. while the men's team will play at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU athletics, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).