Score: Oral Roberts 2 – Omaha 3
Records: ORU (9-19, 6-10 SL) – UNO (17-11, 12-4 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – Needing a victory to advance to The Summit League Championships, the Oral Roberts volleyball team rallied back from a 2-0 hole to force a fifth set against Omaha before falling in its season finale (24-26, 19-25, 25-16, 25-21, 8-15) Sunday afternoon at the Aerobics Center.
After falling behind early, the Golden Eagles used a .414 hitting percentage and three blocks to climb back into the match winning the third set in decisive fashion before evening the contest by taking a tightly-contested the fourth frame scoring seven of the final 10 points.
The Mavericks used a 7-1 run during the fifth set to eliminate any chance for ORU to complete the come-from-behind effort. Omaha dropped in four of its 13 service aces during the final stanza.
Inside the Box Score.
- Lara Picht posted a career night for the Golden Eagles in her final appearance totaling 16 kills and a .371 hitting percentage.
- Bria Bergman closed her senior season with her team-leading 18th double-double performance recording 47 set assists and 12 digs.
- CeCe Madison added a 14-kill, 15-dig double-double, while Inka Inkret also hit double-figure kills with 13.
- Tori Roe paced the ORU defense with a match-best 16 digs as the senior ends her tenure third in program history registering 1,627 career digs.
- Bri Greenlee chipped in seven kills and Taylan Nero added six as both hit above .300. The duo also was joined by Inkret tallying three block assists apiece and Madison put away a match-high four.
- The Golden Eagles closed the day hitting .304 as a team and dropped to 1-8 in five-set matches this season.
- ORU closed its 2018 season tying for fifth place in The Summit League standings, but misses out the conference tournament via a three-way tiebreaker. It is the first time since 2010 the Golden Eagles have failed to reach the league championships.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.