Score: Oral Roberts 3 – North Dakota State 1
Records: ORU (12-10, 9-1 SL) – NDSU (15-7, 6-4 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team held off an upset-minded North Dakota State squad with a four-set victory (16-25, 25-18, 25-18, 25-23) on Senior Night at the Aerobics Center.
After a troubling start to an emotional night, ORU bounced back from dropping the opening set by turning up the intensity and limiting the NDSU attack to even the match. In the fourth set, the Golden Eagles had to rally back as the Bison held a 17-12 advantage before a 6-1 run by the home side tied the set and ORU went on to close out the victory and remain in first place in The Summit League standings.
Inside the Box Score
- Milos led all players with 26 kills and recorded a .311 hitting percentage with three service aces. It was the 10th time this season that the senior reached 20 or more kills in a match.
- Madison added a 15-kill, 11-dig double-double after catching fire in the final set. The sophomore registered six kills and a service ace in the clinching set.
- Libero Tori Roe closed the night with a team-best 17 digs as she moves three away from 1,000 in her Golden Eagle career.
- Bria Bergman and Lucija Bojanjac combined for 48 set assists during the contest tallying 25 and 23, respectively. Bojanjac finished with 13 digs for ORU's third double-double.
- Megan Doran was critical at the net for the Golden Eagles totaling a match-best eight block assists.
- McKenzie Burke paced NDSU with 13 kills, while libero Mikaela Purnell turned in 29 digs.
- ORU honored its four seniors, Shelby Cox, Maggie DiPronio, Lucija Bojanjac and Laura Milos along with graduate assistant coach Frank Craig in a pre-match ceremony.
ORU remains at home for its next contest hosting South Dakota State Sunday afternoon. The first serve is slated for 1 p.m. at the Aerobics Center with coverage available on the ORU Sports Network with free live video and stats.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.