Score: Western Illinois 0 – Oral Roberts 3
Records: WIU (6-17, 1-8 SL) – ORU (11-10, 8-1 SL)
Location: Western Hall (Macomb, Ill.)
MACOMB, Ill. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team served scoring runs all afternoon to put away Western Illinois in straight sets (25-16, 25-12, 25-11) on the road Sunday at Western Hall.
Laura Milos led the way with 10 service aces, the most by a player in a single match this season in the NCAA, to help keep the Golden Eagles in first place in the Summit League standings. Tori Roe added two aces for 12 as a team to equal the most by ORU in an outing this year.
A serving run by Milos helped the Golden Eagles to an incredible 11-straight points in the opening set, including three service aces from the league leader in that category. The senior served ORU to another strong push in set two with three more aces during a 10-1 stretch and a 6-0 start to the final stanza set the tone for the sweep.
Inside the Box Score
- The fourth-straight win pushed the Golden Eagles above .500 for the first time this season.
- Milos' 10 aces were the third time she has hit double figures in her career and the first time ever in a three-set match.
- Milos finished just one dig shy of a rare triple-double posting 15 kills, 10 aces and nine digs.
- CeCe Madison matched Milos with 15 kills to lead the team and recorded a.407 hitting percentage, her third-highest mark of the year.
- Lucija Bojanjac paced the team with 23 set assists, while Bria Bergman added 20.
- Roe led the Golden Eagles defensively with 11 digs in the sweep.
- It was the fifth time in 2017 where ORU tallied double-digit service aces and the second-highest team hitting percentage in a match (.417). The Golden Eagles hit.600 or better in each of the final two sets and limited the Leathernecks to a .101 hitting percentage for the day.
The Golden Eagles return home for their next two matches at the ORU Aerobics Center starting Friday night hosting North Dakota State at 7 p.m. Full coverage will be available for free on the ORU Sports Network with live video and stats.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.