Score: South Dakota 3 – Oral Roberts 1
Records: USD (9-7, 3-1 SL) – ORU (7-10, 4-1 SL)
Location: Sanford Coyote Sports Center (Vermillion, S.D.)
VERMILLION, S.D. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team could not keep its winning streak intact falling in four sets (13-25, 25-21, 18-25, 19-25) to reigning Summit League champions South Dakota Tuesday night at Sanford Coyote Sports Center.
After a sluggish start to their third match of a five-day road trip, the Golden Eagles found their legs and rallied back to even the match by building an eight-point lead in set two and holding on.
ORU picked up double-digit kills from three players, led by sophomore CeCe Madison's 17 kills, but could not hold off the well-rested Coyotes to extend a four-match win streak. The loss was the first in Summit League action after a perfect 4-0 start.
Inside the Box Score
- Madison posted her highest kill total of the campaign with 17 on a .343 hitting percentage.
- Shelby Cox got into a groove in the second set with four of her season-high 14 kills on seven swings.
- Laura Milos, named Sports Imports/AVCA and VolleyMob National Player of the Week Tuesday morning, totaled a 12-kill, 14-dig double-double.
- Bria Bergman led ORU in set assists with 24, while Lucija Bojanjac added 21.
- USD's Hayley Dotseth had the best match of her career totaling 23 kills, seven higher than her previous best, to lead the Coyotes to a season-best .409 hitting percentage.
ORU returns home for its next two matches starting Saturday night against three-time defending Summit League tournament champion Denver. The action gets underway at 7 p.m. inside the Aerobics Center with live coverage available on the ORU Sports Network.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.