Match One Score: ORU 0 – UCA 3
Match One Records: ORU (3-8) – UCA (10-1)
Match Two Score: ORU 2 – Wyoming 3
Match Two Records: ORU (3-9) – Wyoming (5-7)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team closed its home tournament Saturday with a loss to Central Arkansas (15-25, 17-25, 21-25) before a five-set battle to Wyoming (22-25, 25-21, 25-19, 21-25, 13-15) at the Aerobics Center.
The Golden Eagles were ahead early in the opening match of the day, but the Sugar Bears hit .341 in set one to overcome the deficit on the way to the sweep and the tournament title with a perfect 3-0 weekend.
After falling in set one to the Cowgirls, CeCe Madison served ORU back into the match in the second set using an 8-0 run to build momentum in its favor to secure the next two sets. Wyoming forced a fifth set and took a commanding, 10-3 lead before the Golden Eagles rallied back to even the set, but could not come through at the end.
Inside the Match One Box Score
- Madison had her best hitting performance of the season posting a .519 percentage, connecting on a match-high 16 kills.
- Tori Roe was all over the court digging a team-best 14 balls in the match.
- Lucija Bojanjac led the offense with 16 set assists and Bria Bergman added 12 in the three-set match. Bojanjac added ORU's only service ace.
- Haley Tippett paced UCA reaching double-digit kills with 12.
Inside the Match Two Box Score
- ORU's blocking keyed the momentum for the match holding a 14-10 margin as the team totaled its most blocks since the 2012 season finale Nov. 18 against Central Arkansas. Three players set new career-best numbers led by nine block assists from Shelby Cox. Madison added six blocks and Morgan Blomquist recorded four.
- ORU out-blocked one of the nation's top squads as Wyoming entered the weekend 29th in the nation averaging 2.67 blocks per set.
- Laura Milos recovered from a difficult opening match to again power the Golden Eagles offensively with 25 kills.
- Madison posted her fourth double-double tallying 10 kills and 16 digs.
- Roe paced the defense registering 17 digs, while the team finished the match with 68 digs, its fourth time reaching 60 or more in a contest.
- Wyoming's Tara Traphagen led four players in double figures with 14 kills.
ORU continues its five-match home stand beginning play in The Summit League Friday, Sept. 22 hosting Fort Wayne at 7 p.m. Catch all the action live on the ORU Sports Network at www.ORUAthletics.com.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.