Score: ORU 2 – Omaha 3
Records: ORU (14-14, 6-8 SL) – Omaha (7-21, 4-10 SL)
Location: Baxter Arena (Omaha, Neb.)
OMAHA, Neb. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team rallied back to force a fifth set on the road at Omaha Sunday afternoon and staved off 10 match points in the finale only to fall 3-2 (23-25, 25-20, 20-25, 25-19, 23-25) at Baxter Arena.
The Golden Eagles and Mavericks traded points back and forth until the lone match point for ORU in the fifth set, 23-22. The Mavericks claimed the point and won the next two ending the marathon set and picking up a Senior Day victory, despite Laura Milos putting down a match-high 33 kills.
Inside the Box Score
- Milos' 33 kills was her second-highest total of the season and she ended the afternoon hitting .415 to record her fourth-best hitting percentage in a single match of 2016. The junior kept ORU alive tallying six of her nine kills in the fifth set on match point for Omaha.
- Lucija Bojanjac posted 50 set assists in the match reaching the 50-assist mark for the fourth time this season.
- Freshman Taylan Nero dominated the net for the Golden Eagles recording a season-high eight block assists, just two shy of the all-time, single-game record, as the team held a 9-6 edge in blocks.
- Tori Roe was one of four ORU players to reach double-figure digs getting a match-high 17. Milos (16), Bojanjac (12) and Katarina Mikulic (11) joined the sophomore in the defensive category.
- ORU used a 6-1 run in the second set behind a pair of service aces from Milos to erase a 13-9 deficit and even the match 1-1.
- The Golden Eagles hit .400 or better in both sets in which they were victorious finishing at .400 in the second set before registering a .450 hitting percentage in the fourth set.
- The Mavericks had a balanced effort both offensively and defensively getting three players in double-figure kills, while five different players reached double digits in digs.
ORU returns home to the Aerobics Center for its final two matches of the regular season hosting Fort Wayne Friday night (Nov. 11) at 7 p.m. before a Sunday matinee (Nov. 13) against IUPUI at 1:30 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.