Score: ORU 3 – South Dakota State 2
Records: ORU (13-12, 5-6 SL) – SDSU (3-20, 2-9 SL)
Location: Frost Arena (Brookings, S.D.)
BROOKINGS, S.D. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team needed to win the final two sets to pull off the 3-2 road victory at South Dakota State Friday night (27-25, 24-26, 17-25, 25-22, 15-11) starting a crucial road trip in The Summit League at Frost Arena.
The Golden Eagles got a match-high 26 kills from Laura Milos, who moved into fourth place on the all-time list for career kills at 1,563, to secure their fifth conference win of the season. The win also gives ORU a three-game lead in the league standings for the final spot in the postseason tournament with five matches remaining in the regular season as the Jackrabbits fall to 2-9 in The Summit League.
Inside the Box Score
- Lucija Bojanjac recorded 51 set assists in the five-set match for her third match of the season with at least 50 assists.
- The Golden Eagles hit a blistering .667 in the final set to secure the win getting nine kills on 12 attempts with just one error. They started the set on a 7-1 run and held on for the 15-11 victory.
- ORU posted its most solo blocks in a single performance during the 2016 campaign getting a combined four from Brianna Greenlee (two), Shelby Cox (one) and Karyn Chrisman (one).
- Cox and Chrisman also aided the offense totaling 19 kills on 32 attempts with one error each as the two players hit above .500 pacing the team in hitting percentage.
- Milos tallied a double-double for ORU with her 26 kills and matched Tori Roe for the team lead with 10 digs. She also added a match-high six service aces as the Golden Eagles finished the night with 11.
- Ashley Beaner was one of two SDSU players with double-digit kills as she tallied 25 on the night hitting .392.
ORU continues a late-season, four-game road trip traveling to Macomb, Illinois Tuesday (Nov. 1) for a 5 p.m. matchup with Western Illinois.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.