Score: Oral Roberts 3 - Alcorn State 0
Records: ORU (2-2) - ASU (0-2)
Location: Farris Center - Conway, Ark.
CONWAY, Ark. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team came out firing on all cylinders Friday afternoon, sweeping Alcorn State in its opening match of the Central Arkansas invitational, 3-0.
The Golden Eagles reeled off three straight set wins (25-10, 25-10, 25-12) with little resistance to improve to 2-2 on the season. Hot starts forced the Lady Braves to early timeouts in each set.
Laura Milos capped off a 6-0 run in the first set with three aces. As a squad, ORU finished the match with 15 service aces.
Katarina Mikulic led all players with eight kills in the match and accounting for 12 of the teams' points, setting a new career high in the process.
Inside the Box Score
- The team recorded a .444 attack percentage over the course of the match and hit over.500 during the first two sets. The .444 mark sets a new season high in the category.
- The Golden Eagles set a new season high with 15 service aces.
- As a team ORU had 12 block assists in the match.
- ORU was able to limit its mistakes, finishing with just seven on the day while taking advantage of ASU's 15 attacking errors.
- The sweep marks the first of the season for the Golden Eagles.
The Golden Eagles continue tournament play Friday night as the team takes on host Central Arkansas at 7 p.m. before returning to action Saturday against Incarnate Word and Louisiana-Monroe.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.