Score: Oral Roberts 3 – Western Illinois 0
Record: ORU (4-7-1) - WIU (1-9-0)
Location: Case Soccer Complex (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team opened Summit League play with a 3-0 shutout over the Western Illinois Leathernecks Friday evening at the Case Soccer Complex.
Jordan Langebartels scored her fourth goal of the season that gave the Golden Eagles a 1-0 lead in the 41st minute. Langebartels scored from the left side two yards out off of a Caroline Frank free kick from 35 yards. Frank was credited with her second assist of the season.
The Golden Eagles took a 2-0 lead two minutes later in the 43rd minute. Caitlyn Hanslovan scored her third goal of the season from left to right from 12 yards out off of a 20 yard pass from Anna Gornell. Gornell was credited with the assist and it was her first assist of the season.
Nelly Mamabolo capped off the night by scoring ORU's third goal of the game and her first career goal in the 50th minute. Mamabolo scored from one yard out after receiving a pass from Amanda Dial. Dial was credited with her first assist of the season
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot Western Illinois 20-7 in the match. The Golden Eagles had six shots on goal.
- Summit League Defensive Player of the Week, Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl played all 90 minutes in tonight's match and recorded four saves.
- Between the two teams there were 21 fouls. The Leathernecks had four shots on goal and three saves.
- Jordan Langebartels took two shots on goal in the match and scored one goal.
- ORU took nine corner kicks in tonight's match while Western Illinois had one.
ORU will head north to the Dakotas for the next two games beginning with North Dakota State Friday, October 6 at 7 p.m. at Dacotah Field in Fargo, North Dakota.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.