Score: Oral Roberts 2 – North Dakota State 0
Records: ORU (11-9-1) - WIU (10-8-1)
Location: Dacotah Field – Fargo, N.D.
FARGO, N.D. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team defeated North Dakota State 2-0 Thursday afternoon in The Summit League Championship semifinal round in Fargo, N.D.
The Golden Eagles scored early and never looked back. Lexi Jones scored her eleventh goal of the season after she stole the ball from the defender and slipped it in passed the goalie at the 13 minute mark. Her goal was unassisted.
ORU's Brittney Lawrence made the score 2-0 in favor of the Golden Eagles when she deflected the ball off of the keeper and scored her third goal of the season in the 55th minute.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU and NDSU each took 15 shots in the match. The Golden Eagles had five shots on goal.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl played all 90 minutes for the Golden Eagles and recorded 10 saves.
- Lexi Jones scored one goal off of one shot on goal in today's match. This gave Jones her eleventh goal of the season.
- Brittney Lawrence took three shots with two being on goal and scored one goal. It was Lawrence's third goal of the season.
- Sierra Beall took three shots with one on goal during the match.
- Amanda Dial recorded one shot on goal.
- Caitlyn Hanslovan took one shot in today's contest.
- Tahlor Lyman, Nelly Mamabolo and Kelli Keller each took two shots throughout the match.
- A physical game allowed 12 fouls between the two teams.
The Golden Eagles will advance to The Summit League Championship match and await the winner of the Denver and South Dakota State contest. The Championship game will be played at 11 a.m. on Saturday, November 5 at Dacotah Field in Fargo, N.D.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App atORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.