Event: The Summit League Women's Golf Championship
Location: Sand Creek Station Golf Course / Newton, Kan.
Full Results: Summit League Championship – Final Results
NEWTON, Kan. – The Oral Roberts women's golf team rallied and moved up to second overall at the 2019 Summit League Women's Golf Championship, which concluded play Tuesday. ORU had two golfers earn All-Tournament honors as freshmen Sarah Bell and Isabella Caamal each finished inside the top five. The Golden Eagles finished the tournament at 931 (325-308-298), while Denver won the team championship at 904 (322-301-281).
News and Notes
- In addition to Bell and Caamal's top five finishes, fellow freshman Rachel Dupree shot a final round 73 and moved into 10th place, her second straight top 10 finish to end the year.
- ORU's runner-up finish was the highest for the Golden Eagles since the 2015 championship when the Golden Eagles also finished second.
- 2015 was also the last time ORU had two golfers on the All-Tournament Team when Alejandra Acosta and Paola Aviles earned spots on the team.
- Bell put together an outstanding finish to her rookie season, shooting -4 with four birdies and no bogeys on the back nine, Tuesday. Dupree also finished the back nine unblemished with nine straight pars to close her tournament.
- ORU finished the year finishing in the top five in each of the last four tournaments, including a win at the Kansas City Intercollegiate and a second place finish at The Summit League Championship.
1 – Denver – 322-301-281—904
2 – ORU – 325-308-298—931
3 – South Dakota State – 321-314-299—934
4 – South Dakota – 323-308-313—944
5 – North Dakota State – 328-323-300—951
6 – North Dakota – 329-327-316—972
7 – Purdue Fort Wayne – 323-332-319—974
8 – Omaha – 328-330-319—977
9 – Western Illinois – 334-329-318—981
All-Tournament Team (Top-five finishers and ties)
Mary Weinstein, Denver (1st, 78-74-65 = 217; +1)
Sophie Newlove, Denver (2nd, 78-75-71 = 224; +8)
Sarah Bell, Oral Roberts (3rd, 79-80-70 = 229; +13)
Teresa Toscano, South Dakota State (4th, 74-80-77 = 231; +15)
Isabella Caamal, Oral Roberts (T5, 81-75-76 = 232; +16)
Megan Munneke, South Dakota (T5, 81-77-74 = 232; +16)
For the latest information on ORU athletics, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the Golden Eagles by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store.
--- #GoldenStandard ---