Game Four – Mayor's Cup – Native American Heritage Day
Oral Roberts (1-2, 0-0) vs. Tulsa (1-2, 0-0)
Date/Time: Saturday, November 17, 2018 / 2 p.m.
TV/Video/Audio: ORU Sports Network
Live Stats: vs. Tulsa
Location: Tulsa, Okla. (Mabee Center)
TULSA, Okla. – It will be Native American Heritage Day at the Mabee Center for the Oral Roberts women's basketball team Saturday, November 17 as the Golden Eagles host the Tulsa Golden Hurricane in the annual Mayor's Cup matchup. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m and the Golden Eagles will wear the Nike N7 turquoise uniforms.
There will be free tickets offered to all fans who are members of Native American tribes. Fans may present their tribal card at the ticket table in the North Lobby of the Mabee Center to receive four free tickets.
About the Opponent
- Tulsa finished the 2017-18 season with a 10-21 overall record and went 3-13 in the American Athletic Conference. The Golden Hurricane went 3-11 on the road last season.
- The Golden Hurricane are currently 1-2 overall grabbing their first win of the season at home against Stetson on November 6, 55-54.
- Tulsa returns four starters from the previous year.
- ORU will face Tulsa for the fourth game of the season.
- It will be the 42nd all-time matchup between the Golden Eagles and the Golden Hurricane.
- In their last meeting, the Golden Eagles defeated Tulsa, 53-41, at the Reynolds Center, on November 29, 2017.
- A win for the Golden Eagles would give the women's team their fifth consecutive victory in the annual Mayor's Cup matchup.
- Sophomore Maya Mayberry returned to the squad after being named to the Summit League All-Newcomer Team in 2017-18. Mayberry averaged 11.6 points per game and scored a total of 347 points.
- Lakota Beatty currently leads the team in overall points per game averaging 18.3. Beatty also leads the Summit League and is tied for second in the nation in overall three-point field-goals made.
- As a whole, the Golden Eagles are tied for eighth in the nation in overall three-point field-goals made in a game.
- ORU added four newcomers to the roster. Two freshmen, Erika Ankney and Raelene Eddens, along with two transfers, Jasmyne May and Sabela Reigosa.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 92-95 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll. Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.