Score: Oral Roberts 55 – South Dakota 72
Records: Oral Roberts (15-12) (6-7); South Dakota (23-5) (13-0)
Location: Sanford Coyote Sports Center – Vermillion, South Dakota
VERMILLION, S.D. – Three Golden Eagles scored in double figures as the Oral Roberts women's basketball team fell 72-55 to the league leading South Dakota Coyotes Saturday afternoon in Vermillion, South Dakota.
ORU went on a 13-2 run in the first quarter and out-scored the hot shooting Coyotes 17-11 in the opening 10 minutes. South Dakota came back to take 26-22 lead at half. Once the Coyotes regained the lead, they did not look back. The Coyotes shot 64.7 percent in the third quarter and scored 31 points. Their largest lead came in the fourth at 19 points until ORU cut the deficit to 15 for the final score differential.
Jordan Gilbert, Faith Ihim and Maya Mayberry each scored in double figures for ORU. Gilbert had 12 points while Ihim and Mayberry each recorded 13. Mayberry went 5-for-9 from the field and 3-for-5 from the three-point line. Gilbert shot 5-for-7 from the field and 3-for-5 from the three-point line. Ihim led the team with seven of its 24 total rebounds. The Golden Eagles shot 43.8 percent (21-for-48) overall from the field in the game along with 33.3 percent (6-for-18) from beyond the arc. ORU went 7-for-9 from the free-throw line.
Jasmine Trimboli led South Dakota with 16 points going 6-for-9 from the field. South Dakota shot 45.3 percent overall from the field and 34.8 percent from long range in the game. The Coyotes went 16-for-16 from the free-throw line. The Coyotes scored 28 of their total points in the paint. With the win South Dakota claims a share of the Summit League regular season title.
South Dakota scored 31 points in the third quarter and took a 57-44 lead going in to the fourth.
Oral Roberts: Faith Ihim and Maya Mayberry led the team with 13 points each. Ihim led the team in rebounding with seven.
South Dakota: Jasmine Trimboli scored 16 points and Allison Arens had nine rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 43.8 percent overall in today's game.
- ORU was out-rebounded by South Dakota, 30-24.
- The Golden Eagles had a 33.3 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 17 times, but forced the Coyotes to turn the ball over 12 times.
- ORU shot 77.8 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored 13 points with seven rebounds along with two assists and one block.
- Maya Mayberry recorded 13 points with one rebound, one assist and one steal.
- Montserrat Brotons scored eight points and grabbed two rebounds along with one assist.
- Regan Schumacher tallied four points and one rebound with one steal.
- ORU had 26 points in the paint and nine bench points in the game.
- The Golden Eagles scored 14 points off turnovers.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.