Score: Oral Roberts 72 – South Dakota State 96
Records: Oral Roberts (15-10) (6-5); South Dakota State (21-5) (10-1)
Location: Frost Arena – Brookings, South Dakota
South Dakota State came out hot, shooting 75 percent overall in the first quarter. The Jackrabbits closed out the opening period with a 23-10 lead. Faith Ihim had eight of the Golden Eagles 10 total points. After a South Dakota State run, the Golden Eagles made it a five point game in the second quarter with a 9-2 run. South Dakota State went in to halftime with a 43-32 lead and the Jackrabbits shot 63 percent in the first half while ORU shot 38 percent.
The Golden Eagles defense held the Jackrabbits to 37 percent from the field in the third quarter, but South Dakota State continued to shoot well and shot 63 percent in the fourth. Overall, ORU shot 42.4 percent from the field and 46.2 percent from the three-point line. The Jackrabbits shot 55.4 percent overall in the game.
Faith Ihim scored a career high 31 points in today's contest. Ihim also set a career high in field goals made with 13. Keni Jo Lippe also scored a career high 22 points. Combined, Ihim and Lippe scored 53 of the Golden Eagles 72 total points. The duo also had a combined 17 of ORU's 31 total rebounds. The Golden Eagles went 10-for-10 from the free-throw line. Ihim shot a season best 5-for-5 from the charity stripe.
The Jackrabbits went on an 8-0 run in the third quarter to take a 21 point lead. South Dakota State continued to build on the lead and led by as much as 25 in the game.
Oral Roberts: Faith Ihim scored a career high 31 points. Keni Jo Lippe also scored a career high 22 points and led the team with nine rebounds.
South Dakota State: Alexis Alexander scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 42.4 percent overall in today's game.
- ORU was out-rebounded by South Dakota State, 38-31.
- The Golden Eagles had a 46.2 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over nine times, but forced the Jackrabbits to turn the ball over six times.
- ORU shot 100 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored a career high 31 points and grabbed eight rebounds along with one block and one steal.
- Keni Jo Lippe recored a career best 22 points along with nine rebounds and two assists.
- ORU had 32 points in the paint and three bench points in the game.
- The Golden Eagles scored eight points off turnovers.
ORU will continue its road stretch with a trip to Denver, Colorado, to face the Denver Pioneers Thursday, February 15 at 7 p.m. inside Hamilton Gym.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.