Score: Oral Roberts 118 – Central Christian College 47
Records: Oral Roberts (13-8) (4-3); Central Christian (1-17) (0-10)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Oklahoma
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team tied the all-time program record for three-point baskets made in a game with 18 in win over Central Christian College, 118-47, Tuesday afternoon at the Mabee Center in the Best Field Trip Ever.
ORU broke program records and surpassed many individual career highs in Tuesday's game. The Golden Eagles tied the all-time three-point buckets made in a game with 18. They also tied the Mabee Center record for most three-point baskets made in a game. It was the first time since the 2011-12 season that the Golden Eagles scored more than 100 points in a game with the last time being against Fort Wayne in 2012. ORU also had six double digit scorers in today's game and had three Golden Eagles score at least 20 points for the first time since the 2010-2011 season.
Sarah Garvie, Faith Ihim, Katie Kirkhart and Rachel Skalnik all recorded career highs in the points category. Garvie scored 21 points, Ihim had 26, Kirkhart recorded 12 and Skalnik scored 22. Skalnik set a career high with nine assists while Maya Mayberry made seven assists for a new career high. Keni Jo Lippe grabbed her first career double-double with 17 points and 14 rebounds.
ORU led Central Christian in every category in Tuesday's matchup. The Golden Eagles scored 43 points in the first quarter, the most this season, and held the Tigers to five, the fewest this season. In the opening quarter, ORU shot 68 percent from the field going 17-for-25. The Golden Eagles also went 8-for-13 from beyond the arc for 61.5 percent in the first.
The Golden Eagles scored 58 points in the first half and 60 points in the second half. The last time an ORU team scored 50-plus points in the first and second half was against Mid America Christian in 2016 and South Dakota in 2015, respectively.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 55.7 percent overall in today's game.
- ORU out-rebounded Central Christian, 54-32.
- The Golden Eagles had a 50 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over nine times, but forced the Tigers to turn the ball over 22 times.
- ORU shot 60 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored a career high 26 points and grabbed seven rebounds with three assists and two steals.
- Maria Martianez had six points and eight rebounds. She also had four assists, three blocks and three steals.
- Maya Mayberry recorded 12 points. She also had a career high seven assists along with three steals.
- Rachel Skalnik scored a career high 22 points and nine assists. She also had four rebounds and two steals.
- Montserrat Brotons scored two points and grabbed four rebounds along with two assists, one block and one steal.
- Keni Jo Lippe secured her first career double-double with 17 points and 14 rebounds in the game. She also had three assists, one block and one steal.
- Katie Kirkhart had a career day scoring 12 points. Kirkhart also made two assists, one block and two steals.
- ORU had 40 points in the paint and 36 bench points in the game.
- The Golden Eagles scored 36 points off turnovers.
ORU will have nine days off before hosting Fort Wayne Thursday, February 1 at 7 p.m. in the Mabee Center to begin the second half of Summit League play.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.